Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Windows Live Writer

Ok, so here I am, after putting my kids to bed, I lay on the guests bed waiting for my son to fall asleep (he's a bit afraid of the dark, so I tend to lie in his room), surfing randomly around.

And, behold, what do I find. A lifehack.org article about a Microsoft product, which assumably works? I read more, seeing possibilities never seen before; blogger/blogspot lacks some features, and is not as good as I want it to be in some areas, but here is a product from Microsoft which actually makes it easier to blog!

Windows Live Writer is a WSIWYG (what you see is what you get) tool, which lets you write posts for (all) your blog(s). You can easily add pictures, tables, maps and videos, and then upload the full post directly to your blog.

You can make drafts, and I hear that there are some add-ins too, which gives you even more flexibility. I haven't tried any of those yet, but I will as soon as I have looked into some of the standard features (which seems pretty good so far).

 

I wonder what happens if I edit the post I just published, and the hit "Publish" again...

Answer; sweet. It actually managed to amend it to the post instead of doubleposting... ;)

 

iStock_DarkSmoke_Small And, with tables available, and the option of adding pictures directly, instead of "upload to server - then select a size and a placement which doesn't seem to matter no matter what you do", this can actually turn out to be one of my new favorite tools!

I think I read something about it beeing able to add videos, del.icio.us links and more on the fly as well (might need some plugins), which will be a major step for my blogging!
   

No comments: