Monday, February 19, 2007

Run For Life

Part of my personal development is trying to get fit. Thus, I’ve made exercise a part of my daily (more or less) routine. Every morning I get up, take the bus to work, and then I do about an hour of workout before I start at work. I am so lucky to have a working place with a gym in the cellar. :) Today, reading John Maeda’s blog I found two tools which will make the running a bit more fun. First there’s RunLog. RunLog has a calendar and let’s you type in how much you’ve run to keep track of your milage. To use RunLog, an OpenID is needed, e.g. from myOpenID The other tool, is MapMyRun, which uses Google map to trace your route. You can enter points along your route, and MapMyRun calculates the distance, average speed, calories burnt etc. ¡Estupendo! You can also store your runs, so that you can review your routes and use the data from them over and over, e.g. to see progress.

No comments: